Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

blessings.

last night i was complaining about not wanting to carry my basketful of laundry up three flights of stairs after washing it all at brenden's house.


brenden stopped me and said, "look down. what you are carrying?"
"clothes," i said.
"not just clothes, clean clothes, that you got to wash for free," he added.


that really made me think. how blessed am i that i complain about things that some people only dream about being able to do? instead of being bothered by having to get my oil changed, i should be thankful that i have a reliable car. when i complain that there is nothing that looks appealing in the cafeteria, i should think about how lucky i am to never have to wonder when or where i will get my next meal. rather than getting impatient when i have to wait a couple of minutes for my shower to get hot, i should realize what a blessing it is to have a place to take a hot shower every day.


sometimes i just need an attitude adjustment. i need to step back and take a different perspective on my life. and sometimes, i need someone to remind me of that. thank you, brenden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment